Under the direction of the Client Care Manager/Supervisor, the Personal Support Worker assists the Client with activities of daily living. This includes performing personal care tasks and light housekeeping to support the Client’s desire to remain independent and in accordance with the Client’s own choices and capabilities. The Personal Support Worker cares for all age groups and follows the Client’s care plan with direction from the Care Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets) and assistance with medication administration and oxygen
- Assists with ambulating and mobilization of patient
- Performs other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practices universal precautions and adheres to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the Client’s condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
- PSW will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the workplace is safe.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate (or equivalent)
- CPR & First Aid certification
- A valid driver’s licence and vehicle is an asset
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and development opportunities
- Support and recognition
- Opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals
Indeed - 13 months ago