Customer Sales Specialist - Rouyn Noranda, Quebec
Delivering Solutions, Building Careers...
Do you enjoy talking with people and helping them get what they want? Then perhaps being an Industrial Supply Outside Sales Rep is where you should be! Primarily working at customer sites, in the field and from your home office you’ll spend the majority of your day ensuring existing accounts are serviced, inventory replenished and new sales opportunities sought. Seeking out new customers in food processing, hospitality, fleet management and municipalities who use MRO products on a day-to-day to basis will all be part of your day. Strong corporate support, professional development and career advancement, is all here for an Outside Sales Rep (Account Manager) at Barnes Distribution in Rouyn Noranda, Quebec!
Checking emails, texts, faxes for pending customer orders prior to day’s first stop
- Completing 3 or more preplanned, scheduled customer stops, daily
- Placing orders for replenishment product in existing Barnes Distribution inventory management system at client site; seeking sales opportunities
- Confirming order quotes, handling product additions, deletions, changes, and returns, securing customer approval and placing product orders
- Conducting needs-based consultative sales meetings to review Barnes Distribution products and inventory management solutions; cold calling, physically canvassing businesses
- Completing quotes, responding to emails and voicemails, and other administrative functions at home office
- Using Microsoft office and proprietary software to complete order processing
- Achieving new learning, quality, and career heights with help from your Sales Manager, fellow Sales Reps and our training and development team
Our Industrial Supply Outside Sales Reps come from a variety of different backgrounds. Success does not hinge on a precise work history, although basic knowledge of and interest in components used within maintenance shops, manufacturing settings and construction sites is a huge plus. In addition, we have determined that some factors may enable you to jumpstart your success in this position.
- High School Diploma is required; Bachelor’s degree is desirable for advancement
- 1+ year of outside sales/service experience, developing both new accounts and servicing accounts on a weekly (or monthly) basis is preferred
- Industrial, (Class C consumables/nuts and bolts), and/or route sales experience preferred
- Basic MS Office knowledge is required; more advanced skills are helpful
- Excellent verbal/written communication, strong negotiation and customer service skills
- Highly disciplined, independent, entrepreneurial, confident, well organized self-starter
- Team oriented, adaptable, coachable, dependable, with a strong work ethic
- Able to lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 60 lbs.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, and valid insurance
- Able to work from home office, use own computer with internet access for work purposes
- Annual base salary and variable compensation program with bonus potential
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Sales expense allowance
- 2 Week New Sales Professional Training in our Cleveland headquarters
- Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
Deliver on your promise with Barnes Distribution, a business of Barnes Group Inc. and an industry leader in the distribution of maintenance, repair, operating and production supplies. With more than 1,000 sales employees, advanced e-commerce capabilities and other technology-based solutions, Barnes Distribution offers a diverse range of service options and innovative solutions to meet our customers’ individual needs and reduce their total cost of ownership.
At Barnes Distribution, we stock and have access to an extensive range of items from established, quality suppliers. Customers choose the service options that best fit their needs from our range of basic catalog ordering to integrated supply. Barnes Distribution’s valued-added services extend far beyond the products supplied. We provide personalized vendor-managed inventory, inventory management, vendor consolidation, e-procurement integration and customized reporting. This flexible service approach makes Barnes Distribution the ideal provider for maintenance, repair, operating and production needs.
Apply directly to this opportunity at Barnes Distribution by visiting our careers site at www.careersatbd.com to view all openings in the U.S. and Canada or clicking the Apply Now tab below.
Indeed - 16 months ago
For over 75 years, Barnes Distribution has been a leader in MROP service and supplies for industrial maintenance, the automotive...