This is not any old sales job. It is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of the locals in the region. TELUS Direct to Consumer Sales Leaders foster confident, independent action and initiative, with a sense of urgency and the ability to make decisions. In this position, the Outbound Sales Manager will be accountable for building, maintaining and managing a direct to consumer sales force within the one of the regions in Edmonton, Calgary or Lower Mainland. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to motivate, train and support consumer representatives by demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the company's business and industry. The focus will be to provide win-win solutions that enhance our client's experience and which will protect and grow TELUS' revenue streams.
The Challenge - Key Objectives/Deliverables in 1st 12 Months:
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with our clients
- Manage the territory assigned to achieve 100% of quota
- Focus on creation and implementation of marketing plans with team members
- Aggressively growing new net revenue
- Support, mentor and coach team members to ensure that they are successful in reaching sales targets and key performance indicators
- A solid understanding of our competitor's influence within the company's marketplace
- Sales management skills
- Strong knowledge of sales activities & events, and channel management within diverse market segments of varying size and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build new businesses or business activities from the ground up.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop business relationships across all levels of an organization
- Ability to apply cost-benefit analysis to business decisions to ensure maximum shareholder value for TELUS and our clients
- Demonstrated ability to identify client problems, assess risks and profitably drive the development of a strong and mutually beneficial account plan and define the appropriate internal resources to deliver on that plan (technical assistance, project management, alternate sales channel support)
- Ability to bring together TELUS resources to define and deliver custom solutions within the consumer marketplace
- Ability to negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Accomplished presentation skills with the ability to present to internal or external audiences in one-on-one or to large groups settings
- Ability to take action to align tasks, objectives and resources with strategic priorities
- Ability to ensure short term financial decisions are aligned to long term business strategies
- Display of honesty, integrity and ethical conduct at all times
- 5+ years face-to-face sales experience
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications industry
- Experience in dealing with the residential new development market
- Proven track record of delivering or exceeding sales targets
- Experience providing solution selling
- Sales Management experience is desirable
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post -secondary education or equivalent experience (sales experience blended with new business development)
Who is TELUS?
You are part of a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Your passion for demonstrating our values and making a difference for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team helps drive our success.
Thinking of taking your career at TELUS in a different direction? Then apply online today. This just might be the right move for you.
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities®
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our...