Under the supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, the Data Entry &Customer Service Representativeis responsible for the pre-screening of initial orders; data entry of various types of requisitions; handling inbound customer service inquiries to ensure all medication, supplies and equipment are provided to home healthcare patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data entry of a variety of pharmacy requisitions proficiently and accurately. Print and scan all necessary lists and ensure they are forwarded to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Receive and document using CRM software all inbound customer service inquiries from patients, nurses, clinics, etc. and be able to effectively use various tools and software to resolve any issues or concerns.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure orders are in production, update orders as changes are communicated based on company policies and procedures as well as ensure all priority orders are properly documented and sent to the appropriate departments.
- Update client information and communicate changes to the various departments as well as government agencies as required.
- File all necessary patient documents as per industry and company protocols daily.
- Communicate effectively with various government health care agencies to ensure all requisitions are complete and accurate.
- Forward all requisitions to the Pre-Order Pharmacist for review and prioritize order entry based on company guidelines and procedures once orders have been approved.
- Input all telephone orders for various supplies and services and coordinate delivery or pickup as required.
- Able to reconcile orders to ensure proper billing for accounts.
- Be able to provide full open availability to cover a variety of shifts 7 days a week, all year round.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the business as needed.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office applications as well as be able to learn and use various internal software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met and take initiative to assist other areas of the department during slower periods.
- Follow all company polices and procedures with respect to order entry, documentation, follow-up and communication so that the patients best interests are protected.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED); some college preferred, plus minimum (1) year experience in data entry, coordination of activities, administrative support functions and customer service. The ideal candidate will have extensive data entry experience.
Applicants MUST be flexible to work a variety of shift between from Monday to Sunday 8:30am-8:30pm. There are two positions available that will start off as 6 month contracts with the possibility of going permanent.