Under the supervision of the Director of Operations the Operations Supervisor is responsible to lead operations along with the Production Supervisor in purchasing, inventory, facilities management, quality management and other operational duties and projects as assigned. Operations Supervisor will work closely with the leadership group to assist in resolving and facilitating day to day business activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversea Purchasing and Warehousing
- Assist in sourcing vendors for materials, equipment and supplies including sourcing of substitution materials
- Ensure staff is maintaining ERP - vendors, inventory levels, min-max, FIFO pricing (acquisition & sell pricing)
- Works alongside Production Supervisor in maintaining external contacts with facility parties e.g. building maintenance, Security Company, pest control, contractors etc.
- Manages internal /external quality audits and reviews as requested
- Participate in GMP Audits (Good Manufacturing Practices) and ensure training is maintained
- Participate in ISO and ensure Policies and Procedures are current and maintained
- Assist in the day to day operations to service customer related challenges
- Handles multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental goals
- Promptly respond to emergency situations that may arise during or outside of business hours
- Ensures required data is maintained and collected for report generation.
- Interfaces with internal departments to ensure Quality Management Reports are addressed in a timely manner
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate on the Health & Safety committee as a management representative
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Work with staff, department leads, and management to document internal processes
- Become intimately involved with operations to develop a complete understanding of the environment and operating conditions involved, as well as the desired results.
- Communicate with external entities to ensure that internal processes may be inadequate to meet business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Assist with on-call rotation
- Complete other tasks as requested
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in Operations Management
- Ideally five years operational experience working for a small to mid-size company
- Experience with purchasing, inventory, and facilities management and interacting with various vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Well organized, proactive and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Project Management experience or certificate an asset
- Flexibility and strong ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for off-site meetings
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard