Reporting to the Manager, Financial Services, the Team Lead Operations Assistant role is responsible leading the team of Operations Assistants in providing daily administrative support to the Operations Management Team for Syncrude, Shell and Suncor Divisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising the team of Operations Assistants
- Interviewing new candidates for the Operations Assistant team, as needed
- Setting up training programs
- Preparing Post-Shift spreadsheets for the Operations Assistants, Closing files and Generating reports
- Assisting Operations Assistants with resolving issues with reviewing and processing of trip tickets, issues with payroll and benefits for the driving workforce
- Liaison with the Operations Center on service issues, post shift issues and other issues, as they may arise
- Overseeing the Operations Assistant Team as they conduct daily reconciliation of driver trip tickets for completeness and accuracy. Obtaining all necessary approvals from Contract Managers, and ensuring that the trip tickets are submitted in a timely manner to meet all payroll and billing and reporting deadlines
- Overseeing the Operations Assistant Team with the preparation of vacation bids and attending vacation bid meetings, including scheduling vacation and maintaining vacation logs, preparing paperwork for vacation pay banking and maintain the various registers
- Addressing drivers’ payroll concerns, boot allowance reimbursement, etc., ensuring timely submission of all required paperwork to Contract Manager and/or Human Resources
- Assisting with the preparation of Coach and Site Services bids throughout the year and ensuring bid summaries and Check-Off Sheets are maintained
- Ensuring vacation logs are maintained
- Assisting the Operations Team with any ad-hoc projects that may arise for Internal and External reposting or analysis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a current resident of Fort McMurray
- Completion of a university degree in a Business related field
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated team building success
- Experience working with unionized employees
- Experience with interpreting and applying provisions of a labour agreement
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Access and Excel at an Intermediate or Advanced level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast paced, deadline based environment
Salary rage is $60,000 – $85,000 and is dependent of qualifications and experience.
Applications will only be accepted via responding to this job ad or through our office at 8217 Franklin Ave. No phone inquires, please.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Diversified Transportation Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Western Transportation that has provided employee transportation,...