ON1001 - Application Support Engineer ( Health Services )
Pay: Based on experience + 10% extra of base salary + Year end performance bonus
Benefits: 15 vacation days + 5 personal days, RSP Contributions (50% or up to a max of 9% of base salary)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client works with and on behalf of physicians to leverage information technology (IT) to meet the growing needs of patients and physicians.
Description of job:
This role maintains, administers, and supports the Hospital Report Manager (HRM) application and infrastructure.
Working with the Operations Team, he/she sets up and configures infrastructure (development, test, staging, and production environments) and troubleshoots applications as it relates to networking, messaging, software and hardware.
Under the direction of the HRM Integration Lead, this role:
Web Services application infrastructure (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, IIS, sFTP, Active Directory).
Microsoft Windows servers (configuration, maintenance, backup, restore, updates and patching) in a VMware virtualized environment.
Integration/messaging engines (e.g. Orion Rhapsody).
Pilot users and project team (on call as required).
Triage of support tickets, escalation to stakeholders, and working with stakeholders until ticket resolved.
Documentation of hardware and software systems.
Continuous process improvement by recommending and documenting IT service management
3rd Party test plan execution (e.g. messaging, connectivity, EMR/HIS upgrades).
Infrastructure test plan execution (e.g. unit, regression, stress, load, penetration).
Other project tasks assigned by the HRM Integration Lead or HRM Integration Specialist.
HL7 messaging exchange failures.
XML report encryption/decryption and upload/download issues.
sFTP server, physician registry application and database, and integration/messaging engines.
Security incidents and security breaches on network and servers.
Physician group and hospital report issues.
EMR and hospital connectivity issues.
3. Assists Operations by:
Setting up and configuring of new infrastructure.
Researching and recommending software, hardware and applications tools to meet business objectives (improve operational efficiencies, reduce costs, and provide high level of service availability)
Providing cross team support coverage for internal and external applications.
Performing other duties within the same domain as assigned by the Manager, Operations and Support.
Requirements: Knowledge & Experience Required
- Strong team player, excellent attitude, takes initiative, and willing to help achieve success
- Strong ability to learn quickly, and adapt to change in business landscape and working environments
- Excellent client facing skills. Must be able to answer questions and talk physicians and stakeholders through issues in an articulate and effective manner
- Excellent team, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities including the ability to identify issues that require assistance or escalation for final resolution
- Honours University degree in Computer Science or Engineering is mandatory
- C#/VB/ASP.NET development an asset
- Java development an asset
- Microsoft based infrastructures an asset
- Networking security an asset
- Maintainging, Administering and supporting LAN/WAN, firewalls, load balancers, SAN/NAS, and servers products and services.
- Working with IT infrastructures in project based environments
- Healthcare IT experience, specifically with HIS/RIS and EMRs
- Technical experience with enterprise integration engines; Orion Rhapsody and/or NexJ Universal Health Connector an asset
- Strong understanding of PHI scope and sensitivities
- Strong working technical experience and knowledge of HL7 and XML is mandatory
- Strong theoretical and working technical experience and knowledge of OOP an asset
Hands on working technical experience with:
- Java development
- C#/VB/ASP.NET development
- 2008 servers, MS-SQL 2008 clustering, VMware and Linux
- Microsoft based infrastructures
- Messaging protocols i.e. MLLP, TCP/IP, etc. an asset
- Standard code sets i.e. SNOMED, LOINC, etc. an asset
- Data mapping and/or transformation an asset
- Networking security
- Please Note: Only candidates with all the mandatory qualifications are encouraged to submit their resumes.
Submit your resume with the following reference number on the subject line: ON1001 - Application Support Engineer