McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and Northerners, is rated by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of the top ten law firms in Western Canada. Founded over 100 years ago, McLennan Ross has grown today to more than 75 lawyers and an extensive support staff, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife.
What separates McLennan Ross from other law firms is our ability to see "beyond the law" - recognizing and appreciating how legal difficulties can significantly impact a client's life and their business. Strategic thinking, grounded in a solid understanding of the realities of the business world and basic common sense, is a hallmark of McLennan Ross.
We have a dynamic team of support staff who are highly motivated to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. We are currently recruiting for a full time Office Services Clerk to join our Central Services team.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, our Office Services Clerk is responsible to provide a variety of clerical and administrative tasks to the firm as well as switchboard relief. Other responsibilities include organizing incoming/outgoing mail and couriers, distributing mail including incoming faxes; processing large photocopy jobs; closing files; ordering supplies; office equipment maintenance; meeting set-ups.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a strong team player with a positive work ethic and attitude
- An individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates solid time management and organizational skills
- Possesses strong customer service skills both internally and externally
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is highly motivated and detail oriented
- Is able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work well independently
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
Key Qualifications and Education
Post secondary diploma or certification in office administration, accredited legal assistant and/or paralegal program and/or successful track record fulfilling administrative roles will be considered
Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a professional services environment, law industry experience would be an asset.
Proficient knowledge working with computers including Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as knowledge operating phone systems/switchboard for a large firm.
What you will find at McLennan Ross:
- A highly professional environment that is built on a strong culture and spirit of teamwork
- Flexible work hours, engaging and lively social/staff committee
- Our proven high quality of service and commitment to our clients
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent salary/benefits package, including a matching pension plan and three weeks vacation the first year of employment.
Qualified and talented candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including career highlights that demonstrate a strong fit to our requirements to:
McLennan Ross, Human Resources
600, 122220 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Fax: (780) 482-9100