The Office Manager is a key function in the operations of this small dynamic company. The Office Manager has knowledge of most functions occurring within the company and carries a variety of responsibilities.
- Ensure office functions effectively
- Keep office supplies stocked
- Answering the main telephone line, directing calls
- Correspondence with the landlord if problems arise
- Planning events as required
- Ordering lunches as required
- Other office errands as required
- Editing. Formatting and compiling of project documents, including presenting the documents in a professional and complete manner.
- Liaison between staff and IT
- Running project reports and sharing the information with upper management
- Responsible for the weekly operations meeting
- Taking meeting minutes when required
- Bookkeeping – Using QuickBooks software. Including reconciliation of the bank account and the credit card account ensuring accuracy and timely entries, ensuring books are kept up to date at all times. Monitoring Cash flow. Journal entries as required.
- Accounts Payable – Handling all bills and payables coming into the company, ensuring accuracy of bills and paying them in a timely manner. Providing month end statements,
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure that employee and contractor time is entered into BillQuick in a timely manner, issuing invoices to clients through the BillQuick system on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with the Accountant
3. Human Resources:
- Fulfilling any recruitment needs: Writing position descriptions, posting job ad’s, scheduling interviews, participating in interviews. Correspondence with head hunters if applicable.
- Maintaining all contractor and employee records.
- Drafting offer letters for employees and contractors along with contracts and confidentiality agreements.
- Policy and Procedure writing and maintaining.
- Managing ROE when required
- Managing payroll, completing remittance payments to the government on a timely basis
- Managing all aspects of the Benefits program
4. Health and Safety:
- Managing and executing SECOR audits
- Holding quarterly safety meetings
- Adhering to the safety manual and ensuring all requirements are followed.
- Managing ISN and ComplyWorks
- Onsite Safety Representative
5. Document Control:
- Issue document numbers to staff
- Compile and issue documents to client through the Microsoft Access document control system while maintaining sound records
- Ensure consistency of documents
Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or another relevant Degree from a recognized institute
Bookkeeping Experience an asset
First Aid Training with AED considered and asset.
Other designations relating to the position considered an asset.
2+ years’ experience in an office setting in a similar role with similar responsibilities.