Position: One (1) Casual Occupational Therapist
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective therapy to individuals and/or families in the community. You will be responsible for assessing the client’s level of functioning as well as their environment, developing and implementing a care plan to address the issues, referral to resources in the community and assisting the client to access funding.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Complete thorough and clinically relevant assessments of the client/family and their environment.
- Develop a care plan with the client and family based on the assessment
- Document and communicate care plan according to established guidelines and standards
- Implement strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
- Evaluate client’s/families responses to care plan for the achievement of realistic client-centered outcomes and revise plan as required
- Document client care activity concisely and accurately, according to College guidelines and Carefor standards
- Assist with and complete applications for funding of equipment and renovations.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
- Promote client-directed care, self care and independence
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level).
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- 3-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- ADP Certification preferred
- Experience in community health
- Bilingualism is an asset (French/English)