The Nurse Coordinator will be responsible for a team of PSWs and a Recreational Therapist working collaboratively to support, rehabilitate and treat seniors living with mental illness and substance abuse problems. The Coordinator will also be responsible for assessing and coordinating ongoing services with other community partners to address patient needs and ensure the most effective use of resources available.
The team along with community supports and resources will work together to ensure seniors have the help required to safely remain in their own home.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Nursing management experience (leading a team of health care providers)
- 2 years previous experience working with people with Mental Illness
*MUST Have demontrated experience in Program Development
*MUST have experience in Community Nursing and understanding the challenges
- In-depth knowledge of home health care and other community resources in the LHIN
- Experience working with seniors
*Ability to work independantly and develop a team
- Ability to assess the needs of the client and appropriately directing the work of the support team accordingly
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to assess, plan and implement a personalized approach to service delivery
- Sound judgment and decision making abilities
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means
- Oral and written proficiency in English is essential
Durham Mental Health Services
Providing mental health services, in your community
Durham Mental Health Services works in partnership...