Nurse Case Manager- Permanent, Full-time
The Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch is a non-profit community based mental health agency providing a wide range of services across Toronto. The Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT) is a multidisciplinary team providing community based support, rehabilitation and treatment for people living with mental illness. The team is based out of CMHA Toronto – Lawrence Site. Services are provided in the community and focus on stabilization, community integration, quality of life and recovery from mental illness.
As part of the team you will:
- Develop therapeutic alliance with clients and their support systems/significant others
- Provide psycho-education around meds and symptoms
- Monitor treatment regimes
- Assess mental status and monitor physical health needs
- Support the agency’s primary health care and chronic disease management initiative
- Assess client needs and link to appropriate resources
- Work from a recovery based perspective
- Collaborate service provision with other team members
The position requires the following:
- BScN Degree and Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 2 years experience working with people with mental illness, preferably community-based
- Excellent skills in mental health assessment and teaching, medication monitoring, case management, and crisis intervention
- Excellent organizational skills are required
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the ACT Model and recovery-oriented practice
- Primarily day hours with occasional evenings (12pm-8pm), weekends and holidays
- Experience with addictions, forensics and dual diagnosis is an asset
- Fluency in a second language is an asset
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to work from an anti-oppressive framework
A valid Ontario driver’s license is required. Successful applicants must have access to a car and insurance for transporting clients.
Salary Range: $55,410 - $66,723
Please submit resumes by Wednesday December 4, 2013 to West ACT Program Manager, Canadian Mental Health Association, 700 Lawrence Ave. W., Suite 480, Toronto, Ontario M6A 3B4 or Fax: (416) 789 – 9079 or Email: work@cmha- toronto.net. CMHA thanks all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups’ including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system.