Is this You?
Learn more about what people have to say about working with Just Energy: http://bit.ly/TEvLKI.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Hudson Energy Solar, Just Energy, Momentis, National Home Services, Tara Energy, and Terra Grain Fuels. We are expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Learn about the Energy, Opportunity, and Growth of working at Just Energy: http://bit.ly/TEyC6z
Your key accountabilities:
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software interfaces with the operating system.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Research and recommend 3rd party software to assist with development.
- Select among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Write and maintain software design specifications documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Develop new and maintain existing applications/functionalities, including coding, unit testing and debugging.
Your background includes:
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field.
- 8+ years of experience with 5+ years of .NET experience
- Experience with building applications that consume web services as well as building web services
- Experience with Silverlight, WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
- Strong SQL development skills (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Thorough understanding of the standard waterfall software development life cycle
- Knowledge of hardware, software and operating systems in use at Just Energy. I.e., Windows XP/7, Windows 2003/2008 Server, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, VS2008/2010/2012.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Capable of developing systems solutions for operational problems.
- Ability to determine software problems and to coordinate programming solutions.
- Aptitude in providing technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of applications developed and/or designed.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Capable of learning new technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with user and/or user representatives.
Follow us on:
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube