Position: Residence Services Representative
Posting Date: May 12, 2014
Location: Centennial College Residence & Conference Centre
940 Progress Ave., Scarborough, ON.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interviews: Week of May 29, 2014 (Approx.)
Application Deadline: May 26, 2014 by 11:55pm EST
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter. Applications must be submitted via our Careers website.
Special Notes: Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process. This position requires an individual able to work Sunday to Thursday from 12am to 8am.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Residence Services Representative is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction at all times. They must be able to relate and understand the customer to attend to their needs and ensure they leave wanting to come back again. The Residence Services Representative has an important role, as they are the first person a customer sees when they arrive and the last person they interact with when they leave.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service
- Be able to use Campus Living Centres computer software
- Make key cards and know how to access and use building keys appropriately and responsibly
- Maintain video surveillance and ensure that cameras are recording at all times
- Produce assigned front office reports and tasks
- Communicate pertinent information between staff
- Know how to handle phone calls with patience and decorum
- Respect guest privacy
- Keep track of where business comes from (walk-in, previous guest, etc.)
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Knowledge of Residence Life procedures
- Know who to contact for various situations
- Ensure the room status is updated from the housekeeping department
- Handle in a professional manner; reservations, check-ins, Check-outs, and account settlement
- Maintain the appearance of the desk, lobby and office area at all times
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Reliability * Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
Education: High School Diploma, College or University preferred
Skills/Abilities: Must possess superior verbal communication skills
Must possess superior customer service skills
Must possess superior positive attitude
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Must have cash handling experience
Previous hotel and/or student residence experience is an asset
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
Experience Required: Minimum of 2 years industry experience or equivalent management experience
Previous hotel experience is an asset
Hours per Week: TBD
Level of Interruption: High level of interruption
Stress Level: Moderate overall stress level
Travel Outside of Location: Minimal
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request with our HR Department.
This position requires an individual who can successfully work with minimal supervisor from Monday to Sunday, 12am to 8am. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this role. Depending on experience and qualifications, the successful candidate will be financially compensated at the rate of approximately $12.00/hour.
Sarah Van Osch
General Manager, Centennial Residence & Conference Centre