Position: Night Auditor
Posting Date: January 29, 2014
Location: Centennial College Residence & Conference Centre
940 Progress Ave., Scarborough, ON.
Start Date: February 12, 2014 (Approximately)
Interviews: February 10, 2014 (Approximately)
Application Deadline: February 7, 2014 by 11:55pm EST
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter. Applications must be submitted via our Careers website:
Special Notes: Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process. This position requires an individual able to work shifts scheduled Sundays nights to Thursday mornings.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Night Auditor is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction at all times. The Night Auditor is responsible for overnight front desk operations. They must be able to relate and understand the customer to attend to their needs and ensure they leave wanting to come back again. The Night Auditor the important role of maintaining the front desk and the oversight of the entire building during the overnight period.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service at all times
- Be able to use Campus Living Centres computer software
- Maintain video surveillance and ensure that cameras are recording at all times
- Be able to print front office reports and all night audit reports and functions
- Communicate pertinent information between staff
- Document and take quick action to customer concerns or complaints
- Know how to handle phone calls with patience and decorum
- Know how to respect guest privacy
- Keep track of where business comes from (walk-in, balloon, previous guest, etc.)
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Know who to contact for various situations
- Guests reservations, check-ins, check-outs and account settlements
- Clean the lobby and office area during overnight shift
- General knowledge of maintenance
- Ability to work as an individual as the overnight shift is designated to one person
- Complete other assigned tasks in preparation for the following work day
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge * Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Education: High School Diploma, College or University preferred
Skills/Abilities: Must be able to work overnight shifts.
Must possess superior verbal communication skills
Must possess superior customer service skills
Must possess superior positive attitude
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Experience Required: Minimum of 1 year industry or related experience an asset.
Hours per Week: Scheduled 40 hours per week
Level of Interruption: Moderate level of interruption
Stress Level: Moderate overall stress level
Travel Outside of Location: Minimal
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request with our HR Department.
Salary will be based on experience and education.
Front Office Manager
Centennial College Residence & Conference Centre