Rapidly growing IT consulting firm is looking for a Network Operations Support Specialist for a mission critical position. This position serves as the face of the company while interfacing directly with customers.
This position requires the need to control your schedule to ensure that work is completed as promised, while solving problems as they arise in a timely fashion. Successful candidates will be capable of taking the initiative to solve customer issues within company guidelines and manage junior techs in the field to eliminate errors while taking pride in the quality work provided.
This position requires the ability to accurately assess the true nature of a customer issue, find support efficiencies through the use of systems automation, propose and implement system and network changes and upgrades, the ability to set clear expectations with customers, and the ability manage workflow with an emphasis on creating standardized routines with flexibility for short term reprioritizing.
Candidates will be required to complete a comprehensive criminal records and child abuse registry check prior to employment. Candidates will also require valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable vehicle.
Duties of the position include:
- Installation and configuration of network infrastructure systems
- Operation and maintenance of network devices
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution for network issues
- Configuration, support and troubleshooting of Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 servers in a LAN and WAN environment
Skills and Expertise:
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree
- 3-4 year’s industry experience in all of the following:
_ o Windows and Linux systems and networks
_ o Windows Active Director/LDAP
_ o Installation/Management of complex LAN/WAN environments
_ o Network monitoring and management tools like MRTG and Syslog
_ o System and network security protection
_ o Virtual Private Networks, Local and Wide Area Networks
_ o VLANs
_ o VMware/Hyper-V technologies
_ o PowerShell and Unix shell scripting, PHP and PERL
_ o Hardware: Cisco routers and switches, cabling, wiring, load balancers, etc.
- MSP operational support tools (Autotask/Labtech) knowledge preferred
- Ability to create systems support documentation and user guides preferred
- Ability and readiness to travel on a limited basis within Canada and the US
- Ability to lift approximately 25-30 pounds on a regular basis
Please send resume and cover letter.