Title: Network Operations Support Specialist
Location: Winnipeg, MB Canada
Network Operations Support Specialist, experienced in the design, installation, configuration, performance tuning, and maintenance of LAN/WAN infrastructure and access layer networking devices, including firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers, and various kinds of security protection.
Utilize expertise in network creation and enterprise-wide solutions including sourcing and testing of solutions to achieve various levels of network and security monitoring and network performance reporting. Maintain LAN/WAN services and connectivity. Propose and implement system and network changes and upgrades.
Maintain wiring closets, cabling, servers, consoles, switches, routers, etc. Monitor network and systems health by responding appropriately to Network alerts and events. Diagnose and troubleshoot daily network issues.
Utilize knowledge of Windows and Linux systems; open source network monitoring tools including MRTG, and Syslog; Cisco Routers and Switches; PowerShell and unix shell scripting, PHP, PERL; and network security including Virtual Private Networks, Access Control List, and Internet Protocol Security.
- Installation and configuration of network infrastructure systems
- Operation and maintenance of network devices
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution for network issues
- Configuration, support and troubleshooting of Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 servers in a LAN and WAN environment
- Apply technical training, experience, and knowledge in order to assist Customers and other technicians in the support of network systems
- Define/standardize daily support routines to enable consistent execution of the services
- Provide input to the design and implementation of technical solutions that meet our client’s needs.
- Use specialized tools, techniques, and procedures to identify and understand various product problems and to select appropriate actions to resolve.
- Perform problem determination utilizing available diagnostics, documentation, service aids and other tools including but not limited to Knowledge-based systems, other computer-based applications, and other technical resources.
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- At least 4 years experience in Problem Management Resolution
- At least 4 years experience in Windows Server Support
- At least 4 years experience in Windows Active Directory / LDAP
- At least 3 years experience in Installation/Mgmt of Complex LAN/WAN Environments
- At least 3 years experience in Network Monitoring and Management Tools
- At least 3 years experience in Support Local and Wide Area Networks
- At least 3 years experience in Knowledge of Virtual Private Networks
- At least 3 years experience in Knowledge of VLANs
- At least 3 years experience in Knowledge of VMware / Hyper-V technologies
- Readiness to travel on a limited basis within Canada and the US
- English: Fluent
- Demonstrated experience providing support in a mission critical environment
- Past operation experience in a military environment
- Knowledge of MSP operational support tools – Autotask / Labtech
- Demonstrated ability to find support efficiencies through the use of systems automation such as scripting, batch files, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create systems support documentation and user guides
Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with additional on call rotation approximately every 4 weeks
Starting salary $40k - $48k/yr DOQ
Partial ownership position in rapidly growing IT consulting firm available for right candidate.
Selected candidate will be required to be eligible for Canadian and US travel and will be required to complete a comprehensive criminal records and child abuse registry check prior to employment.
Candidate will also require a driver’s license and own vehicle.