Electrical and Motion Control Engineer
We currently have opportunities for experienced CNC Motion Control Engineers. The ideal candidates will have excellent academic background and Job experience. They must be able to apply the knowledge learned to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidates will work with experienced engineers as a part of project team.
Engineers will be required to participate in design, development, testing and commissioning of CNC Machine Tools.
Typical activities include:
- Electrical Schematics & Panel Design (Controls Panel Design, Power Distribution Panel Design) using AutoCAD electrical
- Wiring Control Cabinets and CNC Machine
- PLC architecture design.
- PLC programming with Siemens Simatic S7 and FANUC Ladder III for CNC Motion Controls
- Function block programming, Ladder logic programming. STL programming.
- Writing Project Documentation (e.g. Description of Operations, Test Plans)
- Network implementation using Profibus, Profinet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, EthernetIP.
- Working Knowledge of Automatic Tool Changers
- Field commissioning and startup of CNC Machine Tools.
- Providing customer support.
Position Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Electrical / Controls / Automation / Robotics / Instrumentation Engineering/Technology. Or 10+ years experience
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems.
- Strong command of English Language both written and verbal a must.
- Works well in team situations
- Able to work well unsupervised
- Willingness to travel approximately 40 % of the time.
- Working knowledge of CNC G Code Programming is a definite asset
- Valid Passport for International Travel
Job Benefits and Perks
- Group Benefits Plan
- Travel Pay Premium