Endako Mines, a joint venture of Thompson Creek Mining Ltd. And Sojitz Moly Resources Inc. is currently recruiting a full time Mill Operations Supervisor.
Endako Mines is a 52,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of Fraser Lake, allowing our employees to commute daily to the mine site from home. Fraser Lake, with an area population of approximately 2000, is situated on the shores of Fraser Lake, near the geographic centre of British Columbia. There are a variety of year-round recreational activities including skiing, golfing, boating, hiking, and many other activities for the outdoor enthusiast. In addition to this there is a recreation centre that hosts a variety of competitive and non-competitive sports. There are educational facilities from Play School through to Grade 12. There is a medical clinic staffed by four doctors, a nurse practitioner, nurses and technicians. For more information on our mine, visit us on-line at www.endakomines.com or www.thompsoncreekmetals.com. For more information on our village, visit http://stuartnechako.ca/fraser-lake/.
Our full-time employees receive a competitive wage and benefit package that includes moving expense assistance. Both company and private rental accommodations are available locally at reasonable rates. This position requires the successful candidate to re-locate.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers
- Planning for team and individual results and delegates accordingly
- Provide effective leadership to build a strong employee culture
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives of the department
- Training staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Develops and oversees the implementation of operating procedures
- Ensures a high level of quality and production standards
- Establishes the most efficient approach to use of resources in order to reach target / goals
- Ensures a safe working environment is created for the team
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Five years of progressive Milling experience plus 3 years supervisory experience in a mining setting
- Possess current British Columbia Supervisor Certification or ability to obtain
- Budgeting and expense management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and Outlook