About Aviva Canada
Aviva Canada is one of the leading Property and Casualty insurance groups in Canada providing home, automobile, recreational vehicle, group and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the world's sixth-largest insurance group, the company has more than 3,000 employees, 25 locations and 1,700 independent broker partners. Aviva Canada and its employees invest in positive change including through the Aviva Community Fund and Eva's Initiatives, its partner in Aviva's global Street to School program to help homeless and other at-risk youth reach their potential.
For more information visit AvivaCanada.com, our blog or our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter, Property & Casualty for our Winnipeg location.
This position will service a portfolio of mid market commercial property & casualty accounts requiring demonstrated underwriting abilities and a commitment to customer service excellence.
· Assess, price and negotiate new and existing business.
· Apply technical knowledge and experience to rating, underwriting and documentation
· Operate within established Corporate Guidelines.
· Apply loss control and risk management concepts
· Respond to inquiries from broker partners.
· Develop and maintain excellent broker relationships to achieve production goals and to develop mutually profitable relationships.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
· 3-5 Years Commercial Property & Casualty underwriting experience.
· Good problem solving, negotiation, decision making and time management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient with computer applications.
· CIP designation or enrollment in the program.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
Please apply directly online at: