Microsoft Infrastructure Architect
Dapasoft is transforming the way healthcare works today. Our team of IT professionals makes use of the latest in technology to help our clients revolutionize the way they operate. Dapasoft is proud to be a Microsoft Partner with competencies that span across the Microsoft technology stack. This close relationship with Microsoft provides us with the tools we need to complete our vision of becoming a world leader in the development of healthcare solutions.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be joining a fast growing organization on the ground floor. You’ll be given an opportunity to implement your vision into our corporate culture and institute real change to the healthcare system. Dapasoft offers the best of both worlds; we combine an endless opportunity for professional and personal growth found at start-ups, with the compensation, stability, and benefits found at larger organizations.
This is the ideal role for someone who is a forward thinking, pro-active individual who enjoys a wide scope of responsibility and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. If you possess professional consulting attributes, exceptional technical skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and commitment to detail, this is the job for YOU!
As the Infrastructure Architect at Dapasoft, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Designing, Planning, Implementation, and Maintenance Processes for Dapasoft’s move to a private cloud architecture using Windows Server 2012 R2 (Storage Pools and Spaces, Scale Out File Server)
- Leads and/or participates in cross-functional teams in reviewing and recommending infrastructure architectural design and standards for our clients
- Expected to communicate (written, oral, and diagrammatic) complex technical designs and solutions to a wide-variety of audiences, including non-technical staff
- Expected to lead and provide innovation in emerging technologies, trends, practices, and concepts
- Designing, implementing and executing server infrastructure, migration strategies, and integration/coexistence for a wide range of medium to enterprise-level initiatives projects (Both internal and external)
- Take ownership of infrastructure management and accept prime responsibility for the availability and performance of the Dapasoft network
- provide end-to-end IT support for all Dapasoft initiatives including, but not limited to, software installation, updates, troubleshooting, system migrations/replacements and server/network maintenance
- Make recommendations to increase server/network/end user productivity and follow through with implementation
- Provide technical training and mentoring to other Networking team members
- Repair network topology issues by leading the troubleshooting, testing, diagnosing of problems; and documenting and communicating solutions
- Enhance and maintain systems integrity by proactively initiating the research, evaluation and implementation of hardware, software and technology
- Participating in various technology projects
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Sciences, IT, or related area of study
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience working in a medium to large IT environment as a subject matter expert in Microsoft infrastructure solutions (Windows Server 2012 R2, SharePoint, BizTalk, SQL, CRM, SCOM, SCVMM, DPM, System Center AppController, System Center Orchestrator)
- The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with architecture, implementation and support expertise with the following technologies:
o Windows Server 2012 R2 (Private Cloud setup using Scale Out File Server, Storage Pools and Spaces)
o Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007/2010/2013;
o Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012
o Microsoft Failover Clusters;
- 10+ years’ experience supporting other Microsoft Technologies including, Active Directory, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2, Exchange 2007/2010/2013, DNS, DHCP, ISA Firewall 2004/2006, TMG 2010, UAG 2010 IIS, SourceSafe, Virtual Server, Hyper-V, Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2008/2010/2012, Systems Center 2007/2012 & LYNC 2010, Exchange Online, Microsoft Azure
- Expert level understanding of server virtualization technologies including Hyper-V (including Clustering), as well as management and administration using Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Private Cloud build out experience using Windows Server 2012, including Scale Out File Server (SOFS), Windows Storage Pools and Spaces
- Migration to Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, LYNC) including ongoing administration, maintenance and support
- Strong knowledge of Windows Fail-over Clustering deployment including SQL, Hyper-V Hosts and Guest Clustering, Cluster Shared Volumes, Hyper-V Live Migration design and planning
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec software, Symantec Anti Virus or other Backup and Malware software
- Demonstrated technical Network and Storage design, configuration, and implementation expertise with technologies such as SMB 3.0, RDMA, Data Deduplication, Cluster Shared Volumes
- Experience in leading full domain migrations from Windows 2003 to Windows 2012
To succeed in this role, you must be energetic, motivated and results-oriented. You will be working on both Dapasoft internal projects and external projects directly with our clients, so exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required. Our primary location is Toronto, but project teams are sometimes located offsite at our clients within the GTA
Dapasoft is an equal opportunity employer. To help our employees focus on creating and delivering high quality solutions that we have built our reputation on, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that is geared towards meeting your needs and keeping you healthy and secure.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. However, only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals or phone calls please.