Build YOUR Future. Merchandising Manager – RONA
Our industry is more than just hardware – we should know, we’ve been in business since 1939. At RONA our passion lies in providing the best home improvement experience for our customers. We are proud to be the largest Canadian distributor and retailer of hardware and home renovation products. But at the core, we are so much more than that - we are a leader in sustainability and ethical business practices, from our commitment to our planet to restoring ice rinks in local communities across the country, we are committed to building a great future for Canadians. The same passion that shaped our history inspires our future. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Merchandising Manager with the drive to help build RONA’s future. In turn, we’ll help you build yours!
- Outline and communicate sales objectives and expectations; share targets with regards to margin, profitability, in stock, expenses, etc.
- Provide team members with the resources and encouragement to increase sales performance; offering add on products, financing options, etc.
- Trust and empower all employees to make decisions and take action to improve every customer experience
- Encourage store team to provide excellent customer service to all RONA customers ensuring that they have a unique and consistent customer experience
- Demonstrate and encourage RONA values by considering them in every store decision made and by ensuring team members are encouraged to do the same
- Support store team by responding to customer concerns that are out of their scope of decision making; responds in an appropriate manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop the sales team to maximize their individual and team contributions. Include training, motivating, and coaching. Set clear expectations for service and sales performance results
- Participate in regular professional development and training
- Work together with Assistant Store Manager-Operations to maximize profitability; work within budgets and controls expenses through close monitoring of labour, merchandising management, overhead and other store expense
- MOD duties including directing store operations in the Store Manager’s absence; opening or closing the store, closing down computer systems, locking and shutting down the building
- Positive attitude and proven ability to lead the team in a culture of sales and service
- Provide exceptional customer service by inspiring and motivating others
- High energy level that is demonstrated on the sales floor while monitoring and providing direction and leadership for others
- Exemplary listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership capabilities. Proven ability and commitment to managing the performance of others; able to motivate, train, and coach others to a higher level of success and accountability
- Effective time management and problem solving skills
- Flexible availability based on store needs (includes evenings and weekends)
- Able to work independently, take initiative and maintain flexibility to provide team members support where needed
- Proficient computer skills and basic math skills
- Professional sales experience; understanding of the sales cycle and have a high sense of urgency and drive; able to set priorities and deliver results within deadlines and able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Knowledge of RONA Merchandising Standards
- Physically demanding. Use of ladders and lifting techniques when required. Medium and heavy lifting is a major component of this position
- Overall knowledge of the business’ strategic position in their market. Knowledge of the building construction industry; trends, products, application techniques and projects an asset
- Retail management and sales experience in the Hardware and Renovation industry an asset