Assist and work as a partner with the Buyer in all areas of analyzing, merchandising, and communicating all decisions to successfully affect the department’s business.
- Communicate with vendors regarding product development, initiation of new orders, PO revisions and cancellations, shipping, packing, pre-ticketing, etc.
- Initiate and maintain PA/PO/price changes; write PA worksheets, input purchase authorizations, revise purchase orders, initiate and amend domestic and international letters of credit, maintain PLU files, and create PO for sell off.
- Assist in the development of the assortment mix.
- Participate in sales, product & merchandise meetings.
- Coordinate extractions and photo shoot samples.
- Communicate with all areas of the Company as it applies to the purchase, delivery, receipt, ticketing, processing, pricing, and quality of merchandise.
- Create and analyze the following reports: weekly overview, show and tell, test recap, mix outlines, hindsight, item analysis daily sales flash and six month plan.
- Stay up to date on fashion trends, market climate, competition, promotional and test strategies and assess the results and effect of each.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post secondary education in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or equivalent
- 2 years of Fashion Merchandising experience, or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
- Enjoys working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet set deadlines
- Passion for fashion!
Indeed - 6 months ago