Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Menu Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the Williams Fresh Cafe culinary program in order to maximize sales and profitability at all locations throughout the Brand. Responsible to ensure the menu is constructed and consistently assessed to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Assist in the development process and then implement new and unique culinary items while demonstrating the ability to create accurate recipes to deliver an optimum food cost
- Responsible for the back of house system including updating and maintaining; product mix, waste sheets, inventory sheets, managing recipes and ensure yields are accurate
- Develop and continually enhance systems and job aids that assist with overall kitchen efficiency and food safety
- Manage and control the overall Brand food cost to the targeted theoretical
- Responsible for all aspects of product testing including operational considerations, sku reduction and addition, operator feedback, food cost implications, prep and labour considerations
- Conduct regular Food & Beverage meetings with the senior management team to update on progress with respect to the annual food and beverage calendar
- Establish operational standards within the kitchen with respect to all new menu items to help ensure speed of service and quality standards are met
- Develop and execute an annual beverage program to compliment the food program
- Conduct regular assessments of the food prep and on-line equipment needs keeping in mind profitability as well as Café efficiency
- Establish preventative maintenance programs for all food equipment to help ensure this equipment is kept in top working condition
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to source required products and contracts that will ensure top quality products are delivered to our guests at the lowest possible food cost
- Participate in Franchisee meetings, as required to update on the progress of all menu initiatives
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Solid experience within a Franchise organization is an asset
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven team building, leadership and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills is a must
- Strong organizational skills
- Independent, ethical, confident, self-directed, and ability to follow through consistently.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, flexible, and multi-tasking operations focused environment.
Indeed - 22 months ago