Join our team, and make a difference!
Nestled in the heart of beautiful Stanley Park, the Vancouver Aquarium is a nonprofit society internationally recognized as a leading visitor attraction, and one of Canada's foremost centres for aquatic education, research and conservation.
Reporting to the Manager, Membership Programs this role is a key administrative liaison support to Vancouver Aquarium Membership internal and external stakeholders. Providing the highest level of frontline customer service the Memberships Administrator is responsible for membership sales, event support, reports, data entry and database maintenance.
Please note that the successful candidate is expected to work on weekends and holidays.
Provides the ultimate visitor experience and acts as liaison to internal and external stakeholders by:
- Responding to member emails, phone calls and general inquiries in a professional and timely manner;
- Processing new and renewing Memberships in Centaman accurately and in a timely manner;
- Selling and processing Gift Certificates, Gift Cards and Gift of Memberships;
- Updating Centaman files and providing overall database maintenance;
- Assisting with Membership events;
- Helping supervise weekend volunteers;
- Generating and distributing reports and communications to stakeholders as required;
- Preparing and coordinating; packages, couriers, mass mail outs, etc;
- Promoting membership sales in the General Admission line-up and at the Guest Services Desk;
- Supporting Admissions and Guest Services with Membership problems or concerns in-person or over the phone when needed;
- Performs additional duties as required.
Consciously desires to improve the Vancouver Aquarium and its processes by:
- Promptly aiding in Emergency protocols;
- Maintaining and supporting organizational safety standards;
- Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations through support of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) protocols.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma;
- 1-3 years customer service experience; preferred with hospitality, non-profit;
- Point of sale/cashier experience.
- Highly confident and motivated;
- Aptitude for databases and learning new software systems;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone manner and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- High level of consistency and accuracy with data entry and paperwork;
- Excellent judgment and prioritization skills; highly self-motivated;
- Enthusiastic about sales and promotion;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to handle a variety of customer interactions, including difficult customers;
- General office environment where you could be standing or sitting during the shift;
- Some extended hours may be required from time to time;
- Flexibility and availability in schedule are required with the role primarily happening on the weekend.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please visit us at the link below to apply to this exciting opportunity:
The Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre is a self-supporting, non-profit association dedicated to the conservation of aquatic life...