Position: Mechanical Designer
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
- Designs automated machinery and tooling for metal forming applications using Solidworks
- Determines the process and methods required for material design (speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc.) as related to machine and tool designs
- Responsible for drawing review to ensure manufacturability (material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc.)
- Liaison with electrical designers to define and review electrical specifications and requirements
- Participates in cross functional APQP meetings, providing technical information and specifications to internal team to ensure established timelines are met
- Analyses and evaluates internal and external fabrication for manufacturability and cost
- Provides specifications and quotations for external purchased and manufactured parts
- Creates and maintains drawings and machine documentation to be utilized for machine manuals and lessons learned
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Design & Analysis is required
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in mechanical design within a custom machine shop environment
- Competent in 3D CAD design software (Solidworks)
- Solid understanding of materials and manufacturing processes (metal forming, robotics, automation)
- Practical knowledge of GD&T with the capacity to communicate requirements
- Theoretical understanding of electrical devices and servo systems
- Mechanical aptitude with experience working with machinery (mill, lathe)
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Focus and discipline; pride in work
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE