Stimline Services is currently looking for great people to join our team in the oil and gas industry!
Our focus is providing excellent quality and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on having team members that always go the extra mile to make our customers satisfied.
We are currently looking for a Electrical Mechanical Design Technologist to join our team
- Analyze design and production goals to create mechanical designs that meet performance objectives and adhere to a high standard of form, fit, function, appearance and quality
- Ensure part details are correct for the manufacturing technology used
- Develop product designs that work with manufacturers to ensure designs are completed in such a way that they can be fabricated
- Develop computer-generated 3D models for parts and assemblies and prepare fabrication drawings with dimensions and tolerances using Autodesk Inventor
- Ensure the designs and drawings are in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Develop BOMs and material cut lists
- Provide guidance for drafters regarding drawings accuracy and completeness
- Co-ordinate the fabrication of prototypes, evaluate prototypes and revise the models as required
- Ensure proper drawings, quantities, BOMs are being passed to Document Control for issuing to production.
Provide engineering design and technical support to various projects.
Identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing equipment design and suggest and develop new designs that meet performance objectives.
Develop Bill of Materials and Material Cut List for designed project; make sure selected materials are available for purchasing.
Qualifications require a diploma or degree from an accredited institution in Design or Engineering; 4+ years of work experience in 3D environment; advanced skills in Autodesk Inventor. Familiarity with ProE and/or Solidworks is definite asset. Experience specifically in Coil Tubing and Wireline equipment is required. A good understanding of basic engineering concepts as well as weldments is required. The ability to coordinate technical and engineering activities including prioritization of work and rapid response to critical issues is a MUST.
To apply for this position email or fax your resume to 403-720-0873.