What You'll Do
As a member of our Engineering team designing our next generation forestry excavator product lines. You will apply your product development talents to advance and improve the design quality of various structures and components of our existing and future models.
In addition, you will:
- Design innovative solutions for hydraulic and mechanical drive systems
- Create high quality production level drawing packages
- Justify design decisions through engineering calculations, analysis, and modeling and create supporting engineering documentation
- Ensure designs meet all code and compliance requirements
- Generate the Design Verification Plan
- Reduce cost of the system through design optimization
- Participate in Root Cause failure investigations of current products
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. In addition, we require:
- You will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in a product design role
- Good knowledge of design software and ability to create 3-D assembly models and generate manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Product design skills in the area of structural and mechanical systems
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and relevant design standards
- Knowledge of standard drawing practices and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and relevant design standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
A strong candidate will also have:
- Engineering experience with construction, forestry, or similar off-highway equipment
- Experience with heavy duty automotive or mobile equipment
This is a contract position that comes with comprehensive benefits and competitive salary. Please note that only qualified candidates eligible to work and currently living in the Vancouver area will be contacted for interviews.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary expectations as soon as possible. While we thank you in advance for your interest and application, please be advised that we will only be responding to candidates selected for further consideration.
John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products in Langley, BC is the global leader in designing and manufacturing "purpose built" forestry excavators. The John Deere & Hitachi partnership has brought quality design, manufacturing and service excellence to our customers, knowing that our customers rely on us to provide trusted products for their businesses. Today, our passion and energy continues to build on this foundation of strength. John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products is committed to deeply understanding the needs of our customers, and providing a level of safety and service that exceeds expectations. The success of John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products comes from our exceptional team of employees. Comprised of talented and passionate individuals, they have created a foundation and culture built on the values of respect, integrity, dedication, safety and teamwork.