Transportation & Utilities Department
Facilities & Fleet Management
(Temporary for approximately one year)
Posting No. 044(859)
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
1. Reviews work orders with the Vehicle and Equipment Supervisor.
2. Services, and carries out preventative maintenance of, a fleet of primarily heavy equipment.
3. Inspects units, including conducting operational tests where necessary and tests various systems and components to determine specific problems.
4. Adjusts, repairs and replaces parts and components of primarily heavy equipment using hand tools and other specialized equipment.
5. Tests and adjusts repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
6. Diagnoses and repairs a wide variety of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic diesel systems and associated components.
7. Performs minor arc and oxyacetylene welding duties.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Journeyman Heavy Equipment Mechanic Certificate.
- Five years' journeyman experience with large equipment and heavy-duty truck repairs.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 3A Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Successful completion of WHMIS training.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and use of current test equipment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge of electronic engines, electronic transmissions, diesel systems, air brake systems and associated components.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, individually or as a team member.
- Ability to comprehend technical service manuals and bulletins.
- Ability to complete and process all forms and reports.
- Demonstrated skills in basic welding.
- Skill in the operation of a computer.
HOURS OF WORK:
Shift work is involved.
$33.15 to $35.02 per hour.
For further information regarding this position, contact the Human Resources at 306-975-3261
Applications are to be received in Human Resources (City Hall) by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 11, 2014.