Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparer and related workers
- Industrial butchers slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling; and may slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Poultry preparer slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts; remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- For industrial meat cutters, completion of a program in industrial meat cutting
Experience as an industrial butcher or trimmer is required.
- On-the-job training is provided for industrial butchers, poultry preparers and trimmers.
Indeed - 6 months ago