ICBC has an exciting career opportunity in Dawson Creek for an experienced Estimator with collision repair industry training and knowledge of material damage estimating methods.
Our Estimators work in a team environment and provide an advanced level of material damage estimating focused on customer service, supplier support, problem solving, and quality/cost control. Estimator responsibilities include assessing damage to vehicles including specialized heavy equipment and non-typical commercial vehicles; and, reviewing and discussing the estimate and repair process with customers and collision repair facilities.
Some travel is required. There will be classroom orientation located in the Lower Mainland required for Estimators.
As an Estimator your qualifications will include:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills necessary to work effectively with claimants and business partners;
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting to mentor and share knowledge and provide guidance;
- Collision repair industry training, trade certification and/or diploma. We will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Several years of related experience, and knowledge of current standards, techniques, technological developments and material damage estimating methods;
- Proficiency with computers and software applications
All successful candidates must meet the provincially legislated requirements of the Criminal Records Review Act, and have a valid BC driver's license. The Estimator responsibilities include field work in tow yards and salvage facilities throughout the region, and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
If you’re ready to join a driven team, we’d love to hear from you. For full details on this and all other current positions visit www.icbc.com.
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.