We're looking for a dynamic, proactive, flexible, creative individual who can jump in, roll up their sleeves, and make an immediate contribution to our team. We're not just looking for someone to take orders without thought; we want someone who can take initiative and develop strategic communications and marketing plans and produce written, visual, and digital communications. We need someone who can multi-task, is resourceful, and can pay attention to the details to make sure the work gets done.
What we're looking for:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, and design
- High-level graphic design skills and knowledge of web/print design elements
- A team player who can create collaborative relationships with other staff and departments
- Strong project management skills to be able to get things done on time and keep promises
- Ability to anticipate others’ needs
- Creative problem solving skills
- Confidence to act as a trusted advisor who crafts strategies and creates innovative solutions to produce meaningful outcomes
- A diploma or degree in design, communications, or a related field, along with 3-5 years of experience in marketing, advertising, or communications.
About the SU:
As a student-led and staff-run organization supported by student volunteers, the Students' Union (SU) has a diverse organizational structure to manage the scope of its businesses, services, programs and events. Under the direction of elected student leaders, the SU’s professional team of 50 full time staff, 220 part time staff, and 306 volunteers deliver a wide range of services to the organization and undergraduate students.
The SU operates MacEwan Student Centre and has services including Bound and Copied, Stör, the Den and Black Lounge, and MacEwan Conference and Event Centre within the building. The proceeds of these operations are reinvested directly into SU student programs, awards and events.
Indeed - 4 months ago