Position: Manufacturing/Design Engineering
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
The position of Manufacturing/Design Engineering is responsible
- Responsible for project activities such as Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities
- Identify and execute solutions related to process flow within the plant by applying manufacturing engineering principles to improve efficiencies by collaborating with production, quality and maintenance etc.
- Create detailed drawing of tooling parts and assemblies using SOLIDWORKS, 2D & 3D for internal and external manufacturing
- Responsible for tooling management including tool life, delivery and status
- Creation of tooling standards including drawings, dimensioning, finishes, mounting, bolt sizes, and material selection
- Design tooling to support Lean Manufacturing ideals, reduce setup times, quick changeovers and improved process capability
- Hands on support for daily process issues that arise - reduce process variation, verifying new tooling by performing capability studies
- Take an active role in APQP, helping to develop process flow, PFMEA’s, equipment and tooling specifications and development
- Implement and support processes that meet, quality, health & safety, ergonomic and production standards
- Design and testing of prototype tooling to transition into capable production tooling
- Recommend, design and implement changes to current work cell, equipment and tooling and gauge designs
- Assist and provide guidance to the development, design and build of new manufacturing products and processes in partnership with Engineering and Tooling
- Assist and provide guidance for engineering changes to existing systems
- Provide process engineering support for new program launches
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- 5+ years of working experience as a Mechanical / Manufacturing or Process Engineer, preferably within the Automotive Industry
- University degree or College diploma in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Working knowledge of ISO and TS 16949 standards
- Strong process knowledge of APQP and PPAP elements and deliverables for manufacturing
- Strong tooling design knowledge with experience in 2D and 3D tooling drawings
- Experience with Auto CAD and SOLIDWORKS software
- Basic knowledge of Gauge R&R and SPC
- Understanding of product launch stages and deliverables
- Knowledge of GD&T ability to transfer to each stage of the process flow
- Usage and understanding of automotive analysis methods such as fishbone diagrams, 8D and 5 Why
- Experience with PFMEA, DFMEA and MOST an asset
- Ability to drive to a clear decision as well as a consensus through the presentation of ideas to management team
- Demonstrated progressive experience with lean manufacturing implementation
- Driven and self directed in order to effect results
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated progressive experience with lean manufacturing and value stream & process mapping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working in a high-pressure environment, with the ability to multi-task
- Willing to learn and accept challenges
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE