Our Client, a global leader in the food manufacturing industry since 1957 is proudly committed to manufacturing innovative and high-quality food products for their customers around the world. On behalf of our client we are currently recruiting for a Shift Manager in their processing facility located in Carberry, Manitoba.
This role will appeal to a self-directed, results oriented leader that has the energy and enthusiasm to inspire, encourage and motivate the team to produce their best work and achieve the highest possible results. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Shift Manager will be responsible for the organization, direction, evaluation and overall operation of the production shift. By providing leadership and support to the reporting shift supervisors, the Shift Manager will effectively deal with issues arising from the daily operation of the plant, including product quality, efficient operation of equipment, production matters and employee issues. The Shift Manager will also support company-wide initiatives, through continuous improvement throughout the facility.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Continuous professional and leadership development
- Continuous performance management
- Competitive industry compensation, rewards and benefits
- Regional and global career opportunities
- Health and safety is the number one priority
- Proactively foster and promote the safe work habits of employees. Ensure proper safety policies and procedures are followed. Active participation in health & safety initiatives, taking a lead role in safety optimization in the drive towards zero incidents.
- Win with customers and consumers by ensuring all product quality specifications are being followed and adhered to, with an emphasis on minimizing variance.
- Ensure all HACCP guidelines, rules and regulations are being followed throughout the food production process, including the proper completion of all required documentation.
- Oversee performance management system for production employees including performance appraisals and coaching and progressive discipline as required.
- Develop talent and conduct the on the job coaching with supervisors and ensure that they are properly trained and coached.
- Participation in departmental planning sessions, production meetings, post-run reviews and MDI board tours.
- Build and maintain relations with support departments such as Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Field Department.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory and management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree/diploma in a related discipline (Agriculture, Engineering, Business or Food Science) is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with InfinityQS or other Statistical Process Control (SPC) software is preferred
This role will also appeal to an individual who enjoys the flexibility of a shift work schedule, has excellent communication skills and multitasking abilities, has a positive attitude and is very energetic. If you have a can do spirit, dare to be different, value teamwork and the sharing of ideas, and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply through indeed or call TraceyKeen at 204-336-6249.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...