Helical Pier Systems Ltd. requires a permanent, full-time Manufacturing Health & Safety Coordinator for our Medicine Hat facility.
If you are energetic and excited to work as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional customer service, completing each job to the highest standards and want to contribute your skills and experience within a growing and dynamic industry, then we want to hear from you! You'll be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a dynamic and growing company, a work environment where feeling valued and respected is an expectation, career advancement opportunities and a competitive benefit and compensation package.
Reporting directly to the VP of HSE, you will actively participate in supporting and implementing the Health and Safety management program at the Medicine Hat facility.
- Work with the HSE team to develop and maintain health and safety standards that reflect regulatory requirements and management expectations
- Maintain high levels of workplace HSE visibility and engagement with day-to-day support as well as project work planning, providing a visible liaison between office and field operations
- Perform incident investigation and ensure all investigations are carried out through to conclusion with recommendations and review
- Attend Safety meetings and actively participate in work planning processes
- Provide input, based on site conditions and performance, to aid in the identification and development of HSE processes, standards, policies, procedures, and work practices for the work site
- Monitor safety performance and support management in the development of corrective action plans to improve performance to meet and exceed goals
- Complete required paperwork and documentation in a timely, neat and organized fashion
- Assist with local support of project sites as required developing and promoting HSE initiatives and culture for construction and facility projects
- Available on call as needed to support emergency response, incident investigations and ongoing operations
Conditions of employment include:
- Minimum 2 years of HSE experience, preferably in a construction industry
- Possess NCSO or other Alberta recognized safety designation
- Knowledge of ENFORM COR requirements
- Strong understanding of OH&S regulations is required
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Must pass a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol and 50lb Physical Fitness test
Our Company offers engineering, manufacturing, installation, equipment design and creation for foundation systems within residential, commercial, oil & gas, utility and industrial markets.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.