NOV Rig Solutions is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Edmonton, Alberta. The successful candidate would be responsible for insuring manufacturing efficiency by providing technical advice and leadership from initial design through final assembly. This position requires the understanding of what National Oilwell Varco does, the products that are manufactured and how they work in the Oil & Gas Industry. It also requires knowledge of industry best practices, process improvement process and skills in the management of change.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supports and coordinates with internal and external resources and brings significant problems encountered to the attention of the Operation Manager.
- Demonstrate the capability to work independently on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Assist with recruitment, evaluations, and promotions of employees. Conduct training and coaching for employees in new work roles/tasks, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Develop personnel to ensure training, competency and career development goals are met.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Participate in shop inspections/investigations; including shop, environment, equipment and QHSE incidents.
- Assure efficient manufacturing process on new and existing products per the requirements outlined in the design review meetings.
- Assure maximum profitability and quality of product line that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Contribute to cost reduction efforts by actively seeking and reporting opportunities for reduced costs.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology that improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Identify manufacturing capabilities and limitations.
- Assist and lead process improvement initiatives, working closely with affected departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Engineering an asset.
- 5+ years technical experience with an emphasis on machining, welding, product design, quality control, assembly, metallurgy, process improvement and non-destructive testing preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to comprehend written and spoken instructions and follow demonstrated instructions.
Indeed - 9 months ago