For over 12 years, John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products in Langley, BC has been designing and manufacturing "purpose built" forestry excavators. The John Deere & Hitachi partnership has brought quality design, manufacturing and service excellence to our customers, knowing that our customers rely on us to provide trusted products for their businesses. Today, our passion and energy continues to build on this foundation of strength. John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products is committed to deeply understanding the needs of our customers, and providing a level of safety and service that exceeds expectations. The success of John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products comes from our exceptional team of employees. Comprised of talented and passionate individuals, they have created a foundation and culture built on the values of respect, integrity, dedication, safety and teamwork.
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Department, you will be responsible for enabling our assembly, paint and material handling operations to produce high quality forestry excavators safely and efficiently.
The primary responsibility for this position is to develop processes and tooling in a specific area of our factory. These processes and tooling must be:
- Safe for the employees to use
- Able to repeatedly produce a high quality product
- Environmentally sustainable
- Suited to a fast paced production environment
- Rigorously standardized from product to product and workstation to workstation
- Developed and delivered so that employees can use them efficiently
- Quickly adapted when engineering changes or quality problems arise
- Regularly reviewed for safety, quality and cost improvement opportunities
In order to succeed in this position, the candidates must be able to:
- Review Engineering BOMs, 3D models and quality specifications in order to translate the intent and expectation of the product design into the manufacturing process
- Use digital tools like IDEAS, NX, Teamcenter, Visview, SAP, and Microsoft Office to create work instructions that effectively communicate how to assemble hydraulic, structural and electrical components at a production pace
- Thrive in an environment that requires high-level communication to Technical and Trades type employees
- Implement cost effective tooling solutions for the Assembly, Paint and Material Handling teams by sourcing purchased products or developing custom designs
- Work with the Supply Management and Material Handling teams in order to develop effective logistics plans for delivering the material to the Assembly Line
- Implement changes initiated by Safety, Quality or Design improvements
- Provide leadership to the organization by communicating their knowledge of and demonstrating their competence in applying Lean Manufacturing principles
The successful candidate should have:
- A degree or Diploma of Technology in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in assembly line type manufacturing
- A passion for learning and demonstrating Lean Manufacturing principles
- Hydraulic, Structural and Electrical component assembly experience
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and the environment
- The ability to think creatively and solve problems
- The ability to work independently and to synergize a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
At John Deere - Hitachi, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make DHSP a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
This is a permanent contract position with comprehensive benefits and competitive salary. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Human Resources.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.