Are you looking to take your career to the next level by working with an innovative, exciting and growing organization that will support and cultivate your career? This is a role with advancement opportunities that you don’t want to miss out on!
Our client is a well-established leading manufacturer of portable and stationary grain-handling, storage, and conditioning equipment that as a result of strong brand recognition; a focus on product innovation; and geographic diversification; continues to succeed. On behalf of our client we are recruiting a manufacturing engineer for their brand new facility.
This facility is located in Swift Current, SK, on 8.5 acres with just over 100,000 square feet of manufacturing space. With this space our client will be able to install a new powder coatings paint line as well as engage in lean processes which will help increase quality and productivity. This investment will allow our client to capitalize on the growth potential with current products while also increasing their capability to bring innovative technology to the market.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits and deferred profit sharing.
- State of the art facilities.
- Lots of room for growth with 14 divisions around the world.
- Compensation for professional training and relocation allowance.
- Exposure to diverse and unique projects.
- Collaborating with Research and Development team on strategies for new products.
- Providing engineering support for all activities in product development process.
- Developing prototype design, including 3D modeling and creation of drawings.
- Developing product test plans, performing production tests and preparing test reports.
- Monitoring and recording project times and resources used; preparing required reports.
- Analyzing and recommending improvements to all production processes to facilitate cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Managing production databases.
- Updating and maintaining accurate routings and bills of material.
- Conducting time studies and work simplification programs.
- Complying with company policies, operating procedures and health & safety guidelines.
- Collaborating with shop floor employees on manufacturing and production matters.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience working in manufacturing.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree with a focus on mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- Working knowledge of Solid Works or similar software and MS Office.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Mechanical design and industrial experience an asset.
This role will also appeal to an individual who enjoys collaborating with a team to develop new designs and products; someone who is innovative and has an understanding of agriculture and farming. If you have organizational savvy, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and are motivated and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply to this ad.