The Manager, Web Services is responsible for managing all processes related to the conceptual development and implementation of online strategies and tactics for the Open Learning Division's digital communications channels.
- Manage all functions of the Web Services department within the OL Marketing & Communications office.
- Serve as an active member, as needed, on Open Learning Strategic committees.
- Author and maintain best practices documentation in web strategy and online communications for open, distance and online education.
- Establish and manage operational processes related to accessing web design and content management services.
- Establish short- and long-term objectives and processes annually, including web strategy.
- Author and maintain operations manual (policies and procedures) for web strategy.
- Optimize website/search engine to achieve consistent first page Google rankings designated search terms.
- Author RFP/BC Bid documentation for internet marketing service providers.
- Produce weekly web statistics, advise on risks, propose and implement strategies.
- Develop online marketing strategy and implement subsequent campaigns. Monitor campaign ROI, and respond accordingly with tactical and strategic recommendations.
- Control and manage budgets for web advertising.
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise staff.
- Work with Creative Services to oversee the proper use of institutional graphic standards.
- Document and advise strategic objectives to IT and work to customize and improve the functionality of the content management system and student portal.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the applications, development and use of technology in web services, and provides leadership and training in their applications within the institution.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
The incumbent must provide strong leadership skills to ensure that the web requests of a unique distance campus environment are consistent and compatible with institutional standards, while at the same time meeting a wide range of marketing and communications, and budget objectives.
The incumbent will be goal oriented and able to work effectively as a leader in an environment that is regularly faced with stringent deadlines and budgetary limitations. A demonstrated understanding of the academic environment as well as working with faculty and administrators is an asset.
The incumbent will have extensive (6+ years) experience gained from either a new media/marketing agency environment, or having had strategic responsibility for digital marketing and communications within a corporate entity.
The incumbent must be able to demonstrate leadership and expertise in project management techniques required to deliver online solutions, and have demonstrable experience of interest in the application of existing and emerging technologies employed in the web development industry.
The incumbent will provide strategic council and leadership to online program managers, analysts, management team and other web stakeholders at TRU.
COMMENCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT: March 4, 2013
REVIEW DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be reviewed commencing February 18, 2013, and may continue until position is filled.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they belong to any of the four designated groups.
Please forward applications via e-mail quoting the Competition #13-504 in the subject line. Include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, the names and full contact information for three (3) referees, and copies of all university transcripts and/or credentials.
- Only attachments in the following formats will be accepted: Word (.doc, .docx), PDF, Text (.txt), Excel (.xls, .xlsx). Paper and/or faxed applications will no longer be considered.
- We wish to thank all applicants, however; only those under consideration will be contacted.