Manager of Security and Emergency Response – Permanent Full Time
Red Deer College is a dynamic organization that offers competitive salaries and benefits to its employees, along with many opportunities for employee growth and advancement. RDC is a learner-centred institution that offers more than 75 different programs, including full degrees and applied degrees, certificates, diplomas and skilled trades programs. This is a great opportunity to work within a creative and stimulating environment and state of the art facilities.
The Manager of Security and Emergency Response will be responsible for security programs, emergency response, occupational health & safety, risk management, parking, and energy conservation at Red Deer College.
- Graduate from a recognized security program (e.g. policing services, RCMP Depot
Division, Criminology Diploma, Investigation Services)
- Minimum 7 years experience in:
a)Security operations with post-secondary institution experience preferred;
b) Investigative and security issues
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive customer service
- Computer literate (Word Processing and PPM Security program preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal
- Good conflict management skills
- Good physical condition
- Expertise in contract management or willing to participate in appropriate training
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid training
- Valid driver's license
- Self motivated and works well independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive customer service orientation
- A results oriented team player
- Focused on attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated integrity and high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Instructor certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training an asset
- Interest in being an advocate for energy conservation
Must be willing to work occasional irregular hours (evenings, weekends)
Salary Range: $64,953 - $86,603 annually.
Competition is open until a suitable candidate is found with the first review of applicants beginning August 12, 2013.
Applications are accepted via our website only: www.rdc.ab.ca/employment