Our Client, a long standing Manitoba Crown Corporation, prides itself as one of the best and most inclusive places in Manitoba to work and pursue a career, where their people deliver knowledgeable and caring services in new and innovative ways. By providing its people with the training, tools and encouragement they need to succeed in turn empowers them to achieve their goals and allow for career growth and advancement. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Manager, Road Safety Programming.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Driver Safety and Regulatory Control, the Manager, Road Safety Programming is responsible for leading the development of the corporation’s multi-year operational plan for road safety, establishing annual priorities and executing tangible and measurable strategies, programs and work plans to achieve those priorities.
This role will appeal to a strategic and proactive thought leader who has demonstrated the ability to identify risk factors based on sound research and trend analysis; as well as, develop cost effective and impactful initiatives and measure programs for success based on best practices.
This results oriented individual will be a collaborative and influential manager, while working cohesively with all business partners, stakeholders and experts in the road safety area.
Strategic Planning and Program Management
- Establishes a multi-year, evidence-based operational plan for road safety, identifying long-term objectives and opportunities to further develop the Corporation’s leadership role in innovative road safety planning.
- Oversees the development and ongoing maintenance and refinement of the Road Safety Operational Plan.
- Establishes annual priorities for road safety in collaboration with internal stakeholder departments.
- Establishes an operational evaluation framework against which the effectiveness of road safety programs can be measured and defended.
- Establishes formal processes for documenting research of best practices in road safety nationally and internationally, as well as establishes criteria for evaluating those practices for relevance to the Manitoba context and environment.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develops implements and enhances a comprehensive evaluation framework used to measure the effectiveness of road safety programs and ensures that programs are evaluated against the success measures articulated in the road safety planning.
- Reviews and approves program changes to improve effectiveness in cases where targeted program outcomes are not being satisfactorily achieved.
- Oversees formal annual evaluations of road safety programs and incorporates the results into the multi-year operational plan.
- Reviews the annual evaluation of overall road safety expenditures, assessing the balance and cost-benefit effectiveness of the Corporation’s financial commitments and incorporates the findings into the operational plan.
Government and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Maintains effective working relationships with internal departments and external stakeholder agencies to ensure their participation and engagement in the development of programs.
- Represents the Corporation formally and informally at corporate sponsored industry and community events, conferences and events.
- Ensures adequate representation by the road safety team on committees and with the organizations relations to strategic initiatives (i.e. Canadian Council or Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA), Safety Services Manitoba, etc.).
- Addresses escalated concerns from stakeholders as required, identifying possible resolution alternatives.
- Manages the coordination of collaborative efforts with other internal departments, including strategic research, advertising, and communications.
- Responsible for the activities of a manager, including management of the departmental budget, participation in planning and budgeting for special projects and improvement initiatives.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and managing department workflow.
- Responsible for hiring and development planning for staff, providing coaching and guidance as required. Ensures technical expertise of the unit is maintained.
- Conducts performance management evaluation for direct reports. Ensures compliance with corporate directives and procedures and that performance management standards are met.
- Reviews team processes and practices to ensure efficiency and ongoing improvement.
- Participates on committees, cross-functional teams, and special projects and assignments, as required.
- Responsible for the creation and operation of a positive, secure, and motivating work environment.
- Responsible for completing board and cabinet submissions, reports and presentations to Management Committee or the Board, and preparing internal and external audit reviews and responses, as required.
- Prepares, provides and/or presents detailed analysis of issues of interest to senior corporate management and Executive Management Committee.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in a related discipline such as commerce, social sciences, or business administration
- Completion of additional coursework in project management
- Seven years of related experience, including experience developing and executing on long-term strategic plans, of which three years is in a management or leadership capacity
- Familiarity with current research and legislation pertaining to road safety, both in Manitoba and other jurisdictions throughout North America
- Knowledge of project management techniques
- Demonstrated policy analysis and development expertise
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated policy analysis and legislative interpretation skills
- Demonstrated experience working with business partners and relationship building
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct academic research
- Proven ability to solve problems and find innovative solutions that meet the needs of Manitobans, while maintaining the best interests of the corporation
- Media training is an asset
If you’re a positive change leader and team player who is highly analytical, has exceptional interpersonal skills and business acumen then this is an exciting opportunity worth exploring. If you are interested in learning more about this career opportunity please reply to this ad.
Indeed - 7 months ago