NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Manager, Project Management Office has the responsibility for the formal coordination, implementation, execution, reporting and completion of IT related projects, ensuring consistency and compliance with University strategy, departmental commitments and goals. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
For FULL POSITION DETAILS please visit our website: http://www2.capilanou.ca/services/career/human-resources/employment-opportunities/admin.html. Click on the Manager, Project Management Office link for the full posting.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Develops, evolves, and administers the IT Services project management methodology and enforces project standards. Promotes and facilitates project management methodology and best practice within IT Services by fostering skills development and expertise.
- Ensures quality assurance in all projects.
- Facilitates project groups that include representatives from IT Services, academic departments, and service areas.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities within the scope of a project.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Sets and manages client expectations by communicating to ensure understanding of the many tasks needed to execute the project, and regularly updates the status of projects and tasks. The Manager will work closely with the project sponsor to ensure projects are delivered as close to the forecasted time, budget and scope as possible.
- Reviews and tracks project milestones and deliverables prepared by the project team.
- Manages approved project budgets.
- Manages the day to day operational aspects of project and scope.
- Manages and supervises the administration of key project documents such as project plans. Ensures project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately. Develops guidelines and templates for project documents to ensure consistency and efficiency.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years as Project Manager in an IT technical environment. A minimum of 2 years managing a Project Management Office or team.
- A bachelor degree in business information technology or computer science or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Associate or Masters certificate in Project Management. PMP certification is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and proof of education quoting the competition name (Manager, Project Management Office) and number (#13-007-A) to the Human Resources Department at Capilano University by 4:00 PM on the closing date. Please submit your cover letter, resume and proof of education documents in pdf or .doc format only, via e-mail to and quote the competition number within the subject line (email address details can be found on our posting, on our website).
Indeed - 17 months ago
Located in a beautiful forest setting in North Vancouver, Capilano University is committed to providing exceptional quality education and to...