Job Posting Title
Manager, IT Help Centre & Learning
Our employees help Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities. We are one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and Best Employers for New Canadians. Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020. You too can make a difference by applying for the following opportunity.
Infrastructure Shared Services, Information Technology, Financial Services Group
November 20, 2013
Regular Full Time
Position Start Date
November 25, 2013
Annual salary of $84,938 to $109,117
Main Purpose & Function
The Help Centre & Learning (HCL) Manager is responsible for a technical support call centre and learning support program. This includes supervisory, technical and administrative work with responsibility for planning, organizing and monitoring the delivery of technology hardware, software and services City-wide. The HCL Manager is responsible for managing team of up to 25 resources providing Help Centre services, knowledge base, and learning support programs. Services include general operations for client assistance primarily delivered through remote support tools,
computer support of desktop hardware and software, delivery of IT system services and assets, escalation procedures, customer experience metrics, and consultation for process improvements. The HCL Manager is responsible for the analysis, development, implementation and monitoring of hardware & software training initiatives for staff City wide (technical and business), including curriculum development and delivery. This includes a role in incident, problem, release and change management; which are core ITIL practises.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Primary role is to run IT Help Centre that operates 7 days/week providing level 1 and remote support services. This is a managerial role with technical skill requirements. Includes the leadership for IT learning support program for software & hardware; including course schedule and curriculum program for major enterprise systems. Must monitor IT client service requests, change requests, and problem volume; monitor enterprise systems; maintain information and statistics to support continuous improvement in service delivery; provide advice and assistance to users regarding system enhancements, functionality and effectiveness. Establishes service levels, incident response procedures, referral processes and policies.
- Responsible for the management of technical support staff including hiring, scheduling, performance and attendance management.
- Responsible for working with other technical groups to establish support and escalation procedures, process improvements and on-going management of established service levels.
- The HCL Manager takes on IT projects that have an impact to their service area including new client technology, office moves, service management, changes to call tracking tools, and process improvements.
- Completion of degree in information technology or a related discipline supplemented by technical courses related to the work or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in an IT support environment; preference for skills in a Call Centre environment.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a manager/supervisory capacity; considerable related experience managing technical call centre or support staff (Tier 1 & 2)
- Minimum 4 years working in a technical position within Information Technology; desirable to have industry certificates for desktop or network support
- Asset to have membership in IT associations, experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, SOAP, ITSM, etc.), and call centre specific technology (ACD, IVR, QM, WFM).
- Asset to have experience working with collective agreements and dealing effectively with labour relations issues
Must have thorough understanding of client services in a IT Technical Support Centre including call handling, problem management, escalations, and service management. Must have broad knowledge of desktop tools and technology including remote support tools, Microsoft Office suite, local and wide area networks, servers and workstation operating systems, hardware platforms and configuration options, and support of customized business applications.
Must have experience managing staff including performance management, staff development, work planning, and working within collective agreement. Proven leadership, organizational, time management, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to determine priorities and structure work activities to achieve goals in a timely manner using effective planning, organization and work management skills. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills both for
business and technical audiences.
An Enhanced Reliability Security Check clearance is a requirement of this position.
Please visit www.vancouver.ca/jobs to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Vancouver is an Equal Opportunity Employer.