CertainTeed Corporation is a leading North American manufacturer of building materials including roofing, vinyl and fiber cement siding, trim, fence, railing, decking, foundations, insulation, gypsum, ceilings, and pipe products. Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, CertainTeed has approximately 6,000 employees and 65 facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world. Saint-Gobain employs approximately 19,000 people in North America and approximately 109,000 people in 64 countries world-wide. Saint-Gobain’s North American companies operate 130 manufacturing facilities in industries as diverse as industrial ceramics and containers, reinforcements and flat glass, abrasives, and building materials
Job location: Mississauga
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, we are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) to join our manufacturing team to contribute to our safety first production operations by regularly inspecting, repairing, modifying and maintaining equipment and machinery as required to minimize downtime, and to further advance our continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Performs repairs to machinery and plant support systems with regards to mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic control (PLC) problems
- Maintains correct safety standards at all times
- Work with preventative maintenance programs and keep proper maintenance records.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate the parts required during overhauls, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Works with a wide array of precision tools, such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, gauge blocks and levels
- Fabricates custom parts, fixtures and guarding by means of arc welding, grinding, oxyacetylene cutting
- Assembles and installs machinery and equipment such as mixers, saws, pullers, precision bearings, gear-boxes, clutches, motors, shafts, sprockets, chains, conveyors etc.
- Alignment skills, couplings on pumps and various Falk Couplings
- Works at heights and confined spaces without fear
- Occasionally performs work in other trades, welding and other work
- Participates and supports World Class Manufacturing and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery and equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production requirements are met
- Other duties as required
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Reliable, punctual and health-safety-environment conscious
- Must be a valid Maintenance Millwright who is fully licensed/certified in the Province of Ontario
- Must be available to work shifts and overtime/extended hours are expected
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience with PC software, PLC’s, Robotics, troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Ability to operate forklifts and aerial lifts
- Strong familiarity with machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines); use of power tools
- Understanding of bearings and their functions
- Must be able to read drawings and machine parts from a sketch or sample
- Read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to switch from one task to other dependable on job’s priority or criticality
- Excellent housekeeping skills
- Standard inventory of Millwright tools required
- Work in a World Class Manufacturing Environment – WCM
- Machinist and/or welding accreditation would be advantageous
- Any electrical background would be advantageous.
- The unionized plant operates on a 24/5 schedule
- This is a permanent, full-time position
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to:
CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc.
Confidential Fax: 905-823-1729
Email: Please reply to this job ad
We thank all interest applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., has...