Garda is seeking a permanent full time Loss Control Manager operating out of Toronto Pearson International Airport. Great opportunity for University Graduates! Only candidates with suitable and transferable experience will be contacted
Reporting to the Regional Human Resources Manager, the Loss Control Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient management of corporate absenteeism and other related “loss of time”, with the qualified candidates possessing strong leadership, mentoring, and training abilities, while ensuring optimal customer service and achieving professional and productive results.
- Communicate with the employee to collect any information.
- Manage the medical accomodation request.
- Collaborate with the Health and Safety Manager in the WSIB claimEvaluate all claims and assess accordingly.
- Reporting to the GM of Administration, will liaise with other department heads as required.
- Will manage time and attendance, work injury, RTW program, absenteeism, loss control reporting, as well as manage WSIB claims and reports.
- Consults with labour relations expertise to support day to day collective agreement issues, grievance investigation and resolution with management and the union up to preparation for arbitration as it relates to absenteeism and WSIB.
- Responsible for Labour Relations projects that arise out of operational changes and continuous improvement.
- Creates and develops regular key management reports and supports ad hoc requests from senior management and Human Resources partners using human resources employee data (performance management participation, orientation, attendance, grievance tracking, attendances issues etc.
- Prioritizes work functions and communications to and from the areas of responsibility, and follows through with information to get desired results.
- Update job descriptions and participate in job evaluations as required.
- Actively coordinate and manage the return to work process including WSIB claims management.
- Coordinate with the General Manager as well as the regional Health and Safety Manager to manage non-industrial medical concerns that impact employee performance, workplace safety and /or public safety and participate in assessment of internal or external threats of workplace violence.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Solid hability to communicate with unionized employee.
- Understand the medical accomodation request.
- Detailed knowledge of collective agreement interpretation and application.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills to provide data on sensitive/confidential issues and to advise employees/managers and Human Resource staff.
- Develops and applies moderately complex information in order to provide advice, interpretation and guidance to managers.
- Ability to problem solve, take initiative and be self-motivated while maintaining high standards of accuracy, attention to detail, timeliness and confidentiality.
- Proven team player with ability to juggle multiple tasks along with project management.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and “hit the ground running”.
- Solid understanding of employment related legislation and effective human resources delivery.
- Strong computer literacy with advanced Excel skills.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations.
- Apply good housekeeping standards and maintain work environment in a clean and safe condition, adhering to applicable health & safety issues
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A university degree or college diploma is required or equivalent experience in Labour Relations is an asset.
- The Loss Control Manager requires one to three (1-3) years’ progressive Human Resources related experience.
- Strong leadership and decision making abilities.
- Experience in managing personnel in a unionized environment.
- Ability to work shift work in a 24/7 environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Ability to multitask and produce results in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Bilingual - French and English preferred
Indeed - 16 months ago
Garda World Security Corporation provides security services primarily in Canada and the United States. Its activities are carried out...