SRG is an award-winning Human Resources firm, specializing in a comprehensive suite of human resource solutions including staffing, professional search, employee assessments and consulting. Since 1990 SRG has been enriching people's lives by providing them with opportunities for growth and a sense of empowerment and by providing our clients with value-added strategic human resource solutions to improve productivity and business success. With a network of several offices located strategically throughout Southwestern Ontario, SRG has the resources and expertise to provide quality human resource solutions in the areas of industrial, administrative, skilled, and professional. SRG is ISO 9001:2000 Certified.
About the client:
One of our top clients' is looking for a licensed machinist. Our client focuses on using advanced technology to provide solutions for their customers' toughest problems. These solutions come in the form of high-purity ceramic, engineered plastic and special metal.
- Examines sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequence of operations to fabricate products
- Assembles parts
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machines
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Measures, examines, and tests completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Installs and repairs equipment
- Dismantles machine or equipment, using hand tools and power tools, to examine parts for defect or to remove defective parts
- Cleans, lubricates, and maintains machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair
- Gain valuable and practical knowledge
- Hone in on your skills
- Bridge to permanent employment
- Flexible work schedule
- On-the-job training
- Paid weekly via direct deposit
- 4% vacation pay paid weekly
- Wage increase after 4 months (if earned)
To be considered for this position, applicants will need to meet the following requirements:
- Must have own, reliable transportation as the company is locate outside of Brant County (Paris)
- Must be a Licensed Machinist (with 3 years experience)
- Must have knowledge of the operations of kilns, ventilators, conveyors and other related equipment
- Must be available for the continental night shift work (7PM to 7AM) which includes working every other weekend
Please address the position "Licensed Machinist" in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their resume and interest in the position, however only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 12 months ago