Position Title Lease Administration Accountant
Team Revenue Property Accounting
Position Location 30 Adelaide Street East, Toronto
Reports to Manager, Property Accounting
ABOUT US – DUNDEE REALTY MANAGEMENT CORP.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire a Lease Administration Accountant with a minimum of three (3) years in Lease Administration Accounting, preferably in a commercial/office property management environment:
- Review of leases, recurring billing, report code and log information in JDE ensuring accurate update of Lease & tenant information.
- Review and process, tenant billing & adjustment requests from the regional and site lease administrators, cash receipt /EFT batches, NSF cheques and Rent Roll Reconciliations
- Set up new tenants in JDE and make changes on tenants’ address book in JDE if necessary
- Perform monthly vacancy update in JDE
- Review and process area changes as per property administrator’s request
- Set up and update straight line rent information as per lease document received
- Provide assistance to property administrators on lease administrative related issues
- Review and process year-end billings and 1st of the year charges for tenants
- Other tasks as required.
Revenue Analysis and Review:
- Create & Maintain tenant recovery schedules (ROE/E.P.) which includes:
o Analyze recovery ratios and provide commentary working in conjunction with the property accountant.
o Verify revenue assumption and provide commentary for variances to budget and prior year.
o Validate and update recovery classes per tenant lease
o Review and account for REM integrities weekly
o Complete yearly budget process
o Review & analyze tenants accounts receivable and follow up with property manager with respect to collection, bad debt allowance and write offs.
- Strong people skills. A Team Player. A proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written, verbal report writing, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate client needs and commit to respond in agreed timeframes.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results.
- Deliver on Commitments. Ability to set clear and deliverable goals. Ability to prioritize in multi-tasking environment. Demonstrates resilience, passion and commitment to deliver and be accountable for the results.
- Deadline orientated. The ability to meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Minimum of two (2) to our (4) years of experience in lease administration accounting, preferably in a commercial/office property management environment
- Entry level CGA or accredited CMA candidate
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma
- Experience with JD Edwards system an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel and Word
To apply: Please forward your resume to hrrecruitatdundeerealty.com