This position is responsible for leading Continuous Improvement initiatives at the plant by analyzing the company’s production processes and identifying the root cause of problems.
- Provides expertise in process improvement techniques to achieve objectives
- Implement continuous improvement methodologies including but not limited to 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean and others
- Lead Continuous Improvement team to rigorously apply process improvement methodologies and achieve business results
- Implement process control and management process mapping, documentation, metrics
- Identification and validation of current best practice in all areas of operations in order to determine the operation performance and set direction for improvement activities
- Aid in developing a culture of continuous improvement through employee development, involvement, and training
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and other Operations Management concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Systematic problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root cause problems
- Self motivated with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results
- Analytical skills with a practical common sense approach. Strong and demonstrated leadership skills
- Working knowledge in process and organizational improvement tools like process flow mapping, root cause analysis, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly spreadsheet applications
- Robotics background would be an asset
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with staff, customers, and other internal and external contacts
METALUMEN is a lighting fixture manufacturer which supplies a wide array of indirect, direct and indirect/direct lighting systems. Our...