The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for children and youth who come from economically disadvantaged homes. THCF is currently recruiting for qualified:
Youth Leadership Program – Lead Wilderness Counsellors
Tim Horton Memorial Camp, Parry Sound
Summary: Reporting to the General Manager, the Lead Wilderness Counsellor will guide 4 to 7-day canoe trips for youth between the ages of 14-17 throughout Algonquin, Massasauga and Killarney Provincial Parks. The Lead Wilderness Counsellor is responsible for the overall risk management of the canoe trip experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certifications
- Life Guarding Certification: Bronze Cross
- Wilderness Water Safety
- Wilderness First Responder
- ORCA flat-water/tripping certifications (an asset)
- Experience planning and executing wilderness canoe trips
- Bilingual (French) an asset
- Experience working with children
- Fun, spontaneous, creative, caring
- Belief in maintaining a child-centered approach
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Provide learning opportunities for Wilderness Counsellors.
- Accountable for risk management.
- Create opportunities for group participants to experience success.
- Be a positive role model for young people including teaching and setting good examples in areas such as goal setting, respect for the environment, and each other.
- Assist in the packing and preparation for trips, and execution of the curriculum associated with each level of the Youth Leadership Program.
- Supervise and maintain the camper’s health and safety while at camp and on trip.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
If you are interested in applying please visit us at www.thcf.com to submit your application today!
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is dedicated to fostering within our children the quest for a brighter future.