Singspiel is an energetic Toronto-based start-up designing software to help the musical education community. Our current project is trying to solve one of the age old problems in music education: How to make practicing fun?
This position is for a UX designer that will be part of the team designing cross-platform, responsive software to allow musicians to keep track of their performance during practice as well as share musical knowledge on the integrated social networking platform.
We offer a competitive salary as well as attractive share options. If you are like building game-changing products, working alongside fellow musicians, collaborating in a small dynamic team and having a significant say in company operations then you’ll be a perfect fit!
If you’re interested, send your resume and portfolio to the specified email.
The successful candidate will join the Singspiel team and have a lead role in the UX design of the software. The candidate will see the project through from low-fidelity to completion in an agile development environment. Collaboration with customers and developers will also occur.
Specific tasks include:
- Ideation of features to improve user experience
- Wireframing UI designs
- Information and feedback gathering from customers
- You will get to play with game-changing music and educational technology.
- You will learn hands-on the latest in great UX design and agile development.
- You will work in one of the top startup accelerators in Canada.
- You will get your ideas heard and have a big impact in the future of this company.
- You will have a senior role in a fast growing company in an even faster growing market.
- Solid UX best practices in terms of usability and aesthetics (layout, color, typography, etc.)
- Practical music knowledge
- Expert in Adobe CS or equivalent
- Experience in gathering user feedback using questionnaires, interviews and other methods.
- Designing wireframes, mock ups, use cases and specifications
- HTML and CSS skills preferred
Indeed - 14 months ago